Alan Colmes showed what he was made of Tuesday when, at the end of his Fox News program "Hannity and Colmes," he set the record straight on a clear fact error he repeated during an interview segment with me the night before.
Colmes had said three defendants in the Holy Land Foundation's terror support trial had been acquitted on most counts when the verdicts were announced Monday morning. That's not true. When I tried to point that out, Colmes told me I was disagreeing with coverage by the Associated Press and the New York Times. I wasn't. And when Alan later realized that, he did the right thing.
"Incorrectly I stated that 3 of the defendants had been acquitted in fact just one defendant was acquitted yesterday," Colmes said at the end of Tuesday's show. "The other five had a mistrial declared. I apologize for that mistake."
Defendant Mohammed El-Mezain was acquitted on most counts against him, but he remains charged with conspiracy to provide material support for terrorists.
If you've watched my appearances, you know Colmes and I don't agree on much. But he showed true character Tuesday and I thank him. On to the next argument!